Student Registration Statistics for 2018-19 Academic Year
Declared disability 27%
Declared disability 35%
The Conservatoire’s Equality Action Plan for 2017 – 2021, which takes into account the requirements of the Equality Act, can be viewed or downloaded via the link below. The Conservatoire is committed to placing a similar emphasis on other areas of equality and diversity to ensure that students from ethnic minorities and other under-represented groups have the opportunity to train at the schools and are given support.
- Equality Action Plan 2017-2021
- Equality Annual Objectives 2019-2020
- Equality Annual Objectives 2018-19
If you would like to view these documents in an alternative format, please contact our Communications and Projects Coordinator, Emma Swift (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Conservatoire has developed a Good Practice Guide to Inclusive Teaching for Students and Staff with Complex and Diverse Needs, including examples of reasonable adjustments and alternative assessments.
You can view or download the guidance on our Staff Resources page.
As part of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama Inclusive Cultures Strategy, the Conservatoire is in the process of developing a series of policies and protocol addressing a range of subjects including: gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, race and ethnicity, mental health and well-being, and disability.
You can find these below:
- CDD Mental Health Charter
- Conservatoire Code of Behaviour
- Sexual Misconduct, Harassment and Related Behaviours
- Inclusivity Policies and Protocols:
- Gender Identity
You can view or download the above on our Student-Related Policies page.
Additional policies and protocols will be published as they are completed. For the meanwhile, please see our existing guidance:
- Respecting Difference: Guidance on Challenging Homophobia and Promoting Fair Treatment
- The Conservatoire’s Religion and Belief Equality Policy for Students
- Checklist on Equality and Diversity Information on School Websites (November 2014)
- Guidelines on Recruiting and Supporting Disabled Members of Staff
- Guidelines to mental health and wellbeing
- Responding to students with disordered eating
- Leaflet: Staff guidance on supporting students showing signs of mental distress
- Poster: Procedure for supporting students with mental health difficulties
- Student leaflet: Do you know someone who is experiencing mental distress?
- Student poster: are you worried about the mental health of someone you know?
For a list of organisations which offer online support, resources and self-help information, visit our Policies – Student Support page.