Student Registration Statistics for 2016-17 Academic Year
Declared disability 24%
Declared disability 30%
Employee Diversity Statistics for 2016-17 Academic Year
Central Services staff (*excludes staff employed by schools)
Declared disability 8%
The Conservatoire’s Equality Action Plan for 2017 – 2021, which takes into account the requirements of the Equality Act, can be viewed or downloaded via the link below. The Conservatoire is committed to placing a similar emphasis on other areas of equality and diversity to ensure that students from ethnic minorities and other under-represented groups have the opportunity to train at the schools and are given support.
If you would like to read our previous action plan and reviews of progress, you can view or download the PDF documents below:
- Review of progress in widening participation and equality and diversity July 2018
- Review of progress in widening participation and equality and diversity March 2017
- Review of progress in widening participation and equality and diversity March 2016
- Equality and Diversity Action plan 2012-2015
- Review of Progress and Achievements in Equality and Diversity in 2014
If you would like to view these documents in an alternative format, please contact our Communications and Projects Coordinator, Emma Swift (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Conservatoire has developed guidelines on inclusive practice and alternative forms of assessment for students with specific learning difficulties, including examples of good practice from the Conservatoire Schools.
You can view or download the guidance via the link below:
A Conservatoire target for 2013-14 was to develop actions to promote good relationships between groups of students with different sexual preferences and prevent homophobia. This action was developed in response to concerns raised by members of the Equality and Diversity Committee (E&DC), particularly in schools where students are admitted at age 16.
You can view or download the guidance we have developed as a part of this work via the link below:
If you would like to view the Conservatoire’s Guidelines to Mental Health and Wellbeing, including our leaflets for staff and students, you can download them here:
- Guidelines to mental health and wellbeing
- Responding to students with disordered eating
- Leaflet: Staff guidance on supporting students showing signs of mental distress
- Poster: Procedure for supporting students with mental health difficulties
- Student leaflet: Do you know someone who is experiencing mental distress?
- Student poster: are you worried about the mental health of someone you know?
For a list of organisations which offer online support, resources and self-help information, visit our Policies – Student Support page.