Acrobatics Symposium (2015)
Acrobatics: Anatomy and Approach was a two day symposium organized by National Centre for Circus Arts and acrobatic theatre company Mimbre.
The symposium took place over two days and included lectures, workshops, artists outlook and round table discussions which brought together disciplines such as sports medicine, dance and movement sciences.
The programme included the following guest speakers and workshop leaders:
- James Earls – writer, lecturer and bodyworker specialising in Myofascial Release and Structural Integration
- Silvia Fratelli – founding member and joint Artistic Director of circus and street performance theatre company, Mimbre
- Lina Johansson – founding member and joint Artistic Director of circus and street performance theatre company, Mimbre
- Arran Peck – Strength and Conditioning Coach and Athletic development specialist for the Lawn Tennis Association
- Edel Quin – Programme Leader MSc Dance Science at Trinity Laban
- Emma Redding – Head of Dance Science at Trinity Laban
- Jami Tikkanen – coach to Annie Thorisdottir – Worlds Fittest Woman 2011 and 2012, Movement specialist, Osteopath
- Will Tullett – Movement Specialist at Chelsea Football Academy
- James Wellington – Director, Perform Health Ltd. Performing Arts Physiotherapist
You can find a video gallery of talks and workshops from the symposium on the National Centre website here: