Image: Northern School of Contemporary Dance
In this section you will find the following policies relating to Conservatoire institutional strategy.
- Strategic Plan 2019-24
- Human Resources
- Research and Knowledge Exchange
- Student Engagement Framework
- Widening Access and Equality & Diversity
The Conservatoire’s Strategic Plan for 2019-24 describes how we, as a partnership of schools, aim to contribute even more to the economic, social and artistic success of the UK.
The Conservatoire’s Strategic Plan for 2019-24 focuses on five strategic aims:
- to enable a diverse body of students to benefit from the opportunities we provide and to deliver an exceptional student experience
- to promote excellence and innovation in conservatoire training
- to strengthen and celebrate our partnership working
- to build a robust and sustainable model for future delivery
- to widen our reach and offer as a national conservatoire.
The Conservatoire’s fourth HR Strategy is intended to address the objectives of the Strategic Plan 2013-2018, the Provisions of the UK Quality Code for Higher Education and the criteria for the award of Taught Degree Awarding Powers as well as prepare for the introduction of the Teaching Excellence Framework.
Please see below the Conservatoire’s policy relating to Prevent Duty.
Section 21 of the Counter Terrorism and Security Act 2015 (the “Act”) places a duty on certain bodies, listed in Schedule 3 to the Act, to have “due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism”. The Act states that the authorities subject to the provisions of the Act must have regard to this guidance when carrying out the duty, including Higher Education Institutions.
Research and Knowledge Exchange
Please see below for policies relating to research and knowledge exchange.
Student Engagement Framework
Widening Access and Equality & Diversity
Please see below for policies relating to widening access and equality and diversity.
Guidelines for supporting students in areas relating to equality and diversity can be found on our student support policies page.
Our Access and Participation Plan 2019/20 can be found on our student-related policies page.