Northern School of Contemporary Dance
Image: Nicole Guarino
Audition and Interview Fee Waiver Scheme
One of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama’s key aims is to increase and secure access to training for the most talented students regardless of their background. The audition and interview fee waiver scheme is intended to ensure that financial barriers do not limit the ability of talented students in applying to our schools*. This scheme is funded through our Access and Participation Plan commitments and as such is targeted at students from particular backgrounds.
*The Conservatoire Schools are:
Bristol Old Vic Theatre School
Central School of Ballet
London Contemporary Dance School
National Centre for Circus Arts
Northern School of Contemporary Dance
Rambert School of Ballet and Contemporary Dance
Audition and Interview Fee Waiver Scheme 2021/22 entry
Applications for audition fee waivers for 2021-22 entry will open on 11 September 2020.
The scheme will cover Central School of Ballet, Bristol Old Vic Theatre School, London Contemporary Dance School, National Centre for Circus Arts, Northern School of Contemporary Dance, and Rambert School.
Please do not pay for your audition until you have received the decision in relation to your fee waiver.
For London Contemporary Dance School you can start you application before you receive the outcome of the fee waiver but please do not pay.
Am I eligible for a fee waiver?
You must meet all of the following essential criteria to be eligible for a free audition:
- You are a current UK Resident
- You are applying to an undergraduate programme (FdA or BA degree)
- You have no previous first degree qualifications (FdA or BA degree)
- You have an annual household income of less than £25,000 before tax
In addition to the essential criteria, applications will be prioritised for individuals matching one or more of the following criteria:
- State school or college educated
- Black and Minority Ethnic Background
- Declared Disability
- Care leaver
- Estranged student
Will applying for a fee waiver affect my application?
Receiving a free audition or interview place will not affect your application in any way. The audition or interview panel will not know which applicants have received a fee waiver. Please note that we are only able to offer one free audition or interview place per applicant per academic year. You will only be able to apply for a fee waiver for three consecutive years, after that you will not be eligible to receive any further fee waivers.
How do I apply for a fee waiver?
You will be able to apply online from Friday 11 September 2020 via the link below:
Paper forms and other formats are available on request. Please email email@example.com to request a copy.
What happens after I apply for a fee waiver?
Applications will be processed in every four weeks until all CDD member school admissions close.
- If you apply before Friday 9 October 2020, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 16 October 2020.
- If you apply before Friday 6 November 2020, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 13 November 2020.
- If you apply before Friday 4 December 2020, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 11 December 2020.
- If you apply before Friday 1 January 2021, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 8 January 2021.
- If you apply before Friday 29 January 2021, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 5 February 2021.
- If you apply before Friday 26 February 2021, we will aim to give you a decision by Friday 5 March 2021.
Applications received after 26 February will be processed on a first come, first serve basis until all applications close or all fee waivers have been used, whichever is earliest.
Fee waivers will be awarded using a priority ranking according to the number of criteria they meet. Once your answers have been assessed, you will be contacted by the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama to confirm your result. Upon successful application, the relevant school will be notified and will waive your audition/interview fee. You should apply to the school as normal, without enclosing the fee. The Conservatoire will pay your fee directly to the school and you will not need to take any further action regarding this fee.
Should you be awarded a fee waiver, you must complete your applications to the school within 14 days or you will forfeit your fee waiver (schools’ deadlines apply).