National Centre for Circus Arts
Image: Bertil Nilsson
The Conservatoire schools have strong traditions of providing student care and support services and commit considerable resources to this purpose. Many students who are embarking on a course will be living away from home or abroad for the first time and may face a number of challenges during their training. We aim to provide the necessary services to help all students overcome these and ensure that the highest level of individual care is offered.
Services provided to students by the Conservatoire schools may include:
- medical support – access to GPs, specialists, physiotherapists, osteopaths, rheumatologists, laryngologists, often paid for by the schools
- counselling – students can arrange to speak in confidence to a counsellor
- housing – advice and support in finding suitable accommodation
- learning support – support and assessment for dyslexic students and support for students whose second language is English
- finance planning support – assistance with budgeting skills and financial management
If you would like specific information about the support that each of the schools provides, please contact the relevant school directly.
For guidelines and resources relating to student support, including a list of organisations which offer online support, resources and self-help information, visit our Policies – Student Support page.