Terms & Conditions
Access to and use of this website (’cdd.ac.uk’) is provided by the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama subject to the following terms and conditions:
- By using cdd.ac.uk you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect from your first use of cdd.ac.uk.
- The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama reserves the right to change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of cdd.ac.uk after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
- If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this site must be terminated immediately.
- English law governs this agreement and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- For the purposes of this agreement, “content” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and audio, published on cdd.ac.uk, whether copyright Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, its affiliate schools or a third party.
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit or otherwise use cdd.ac.uk content in any way except for non-commercial personal or educational use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any cdd.ac.uk content except for non-commercial personal or educational use. Any other use of cdd.ac.uk content requires the prior written permission of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama.
- You agree to use cdd.ac.uk only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of cdd.ac.uk.
The Conservatoire is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
What we collect
We may collect basic information, for example the number of visitors and time spent on a page, through:
- Google Analytics
- Basic WordPress settings
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- The names, images and logos identifying the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, affiliate schools or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, affiliate schools and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trademark, patent, design right or copyright of the Conservatoire for Dance and Drama, affiliate schools or any other third party.
- The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama will not be liable for any damages, including indirect or consequential damages, or any damages arising from use or loss of use, data or profits, whether in contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising from or in connection with the use of cdd.ac.uk.
- The Conservatoire for Dance and Drama does not warrant that functions contained in cdd.ac.uk content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that cdd.ac.uk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs.
- You can access other sites via links from cdd.ac.uk. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in anyway for their contents.
We use traffic log cookies through Google Analytics and basic WordPress settings to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.